Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Accessible Bath What Do You Consider To Be A Disabled Accessible Hotel Room?

What do you consider to be a disabled accessible hotel room? - accessible bath

I just returned from a hotel in Greece, which holds a grid on the floor, setting it in this room said - a disabled person can sit or lie on the floor and bathroom shower can be paid to them. It gave me the feeling that my son was treated with a disability who is not better than a dog that can be cleaned with a hose.

2 comments:

chiliswo... said...

Every country has its own norms. This will not be the country most advanced available.

The ADA in the United States has very specific rules on accessibility. Bathrooms, entrances, public spaces, alarm systems, telephones, etc. ... http://www.ncdsv.org/images/ADAHotelSite

Alison said...

Mmm .. Yes, definitely smells of humiliation for me.

Available in the search for a room for wheelchair users, to my partner, my first question to them is usually, if room is available. This usually leads to one of the following: - No Sorry, we do not, "Oh, yes, you can use a wheelchair into the room floor" or "Yes, have the spaces X, Y and Z.

If I need to answer 2, the next question is to determine whether the Board is truly accessible to wheelchair users, or have access to the ground floor. In general, at the end explains the difference. "The shower has a fixed head or connected to a pipe" and "shower has a record, or is hobless?" I usually say if it is available or not.

For me, Disabled rooms: --

hobless shower recess
a handheld shower hose
Rails in bathroom
Swimming reach far enough from the wall on a carrier in the top goal
more space than rooms
a turning point, that the person in a wheelchair can be quickly accessed
Access to ground floor / lift

There are many other requirements, and also depending on the type of disability that patrom but I can not think of anything else, just in time ..

Post a Comment